Read around the Christmas Tree
December 8th from 1:00-3:00 pm
The Grinch will read to the children, and then kids can decorate cookies! Parents will have the opportunity to take their child’s picture with the Grinch.
Applications available at Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library, 1108 Bethel Street, Hopkinsville, KY.
Job Summary: The Youth Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the Youth Services Librarian with the daily operations of the Youth Services Department. This person assists the Youth Services Librarian in developing and implementing programs and events for children, teens and families. This position is for 32 hours per week.
Works under the immediate supervision of the Youth Services Librarian
- Applicants must have a high school degree or equivalent certification.
- Applicants must be prepared to submit to a drug screen and background check.
- Ability to relate to children and teens
- Ability to become familiar with the needs and interests of children and teens
- Ability to interact with and assist the public in a friendly and responsive manner
- Knowledge of computers, their operating systems, and programs likely to be used in libraries, including familiarity with the Internet, word processing and databases
- Ability to present to and maintain control of large groups of people (children and adults)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Flexibility in work schedule; including some evenings and weekends
- Assists in processing all children’s and teen print materials
- Assists in the development and implementation of children’s, teens and family programs and special events
- Ensures open spaces in the Youth Services Department are well organized
- Straightens shelves in Youth Services Department, rotating books on display
- Assists patrons in the Youth Services Department under supervision of the Youth Services Librarian
- Performs Circulation Desk functions when requested
- Participate in opening and closing procedures
- Assist in shelving materials, weeding projects and shifting the collection
- Decorates the Youth Services Department
- Assists in the development and implementation of the summer reading program
- Assists with the planning, preparation and production of weekly story times
- Assists with the planning, preparation and production of all other Youth Services programming as assigned by the Youth Services Librarian
- Displays professional conduct and appearance at all times while performing duties
- Serves on library teams as requested by the Director or Youth Services Librarian
- Performs special projects and other job-related tasks that may be assigned by the Director or Youth Services Librarian
To apply today, pick up your application at the library circulation desk.
To sign up for our monthly HCCPL Newsletter, enter your email address.