Libraries provide uncountable value to their communities! We provide many services to the public at no cost. If you were to rent a movie or buy a book from a retail store, you would be spending money out of your pocket.
Gifts & Donations
HCCPL welcomes financial contributions and offers a number of donation options.
Please contact the Director, 270-887-4263 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding direct contributions toward programs, furniture or library materials. This is also a great way to celebrate a family occasion and memorialize friends and loved ones.
Donating Books, DVD’s and CD’s
Here’s what we love to receive:
- Fiction – current or former bestsellers, published in the few two years
- Nonfiction – on topics appealing to the general reader, published in the last three years
- Paperbacks – bestseller fiction and nonfiction in like-new condition
- Classics – in excellent condition
- Historical material – with information pertinent to local and state history
- Children’s books – hardcover picture books or paperback chapter books, in very good condition
- DVDs – purchased (not copied), with covers in good condition
- Audiobooks – abridged or unabridged
- CDs – popular titles
If we can use these items in the collection we will. If not, we will either find them a home with another local community group such as Senior Center or jail, or we will sell the items at our annual or on-going book sale.
All donations should be brought to the back of the library to the staff door. Donations will not be accepted through our bookdrop.(Small) Donations are also accepted at the circulation desk. All proceeds benefit the library.
The Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library is a publicly funded, not for profit institution. Tax deductible donations for books, services and programs and other library purposes are gratefully accepted and acknowledged. Please contact the Library Director, if you are interested in making a charitable contribution to the Hopkinsville Christian County Public Library.
Please make checks payable and send to:
Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library
1101 Bethel Street
Hopkinsville, KY 42240