Some things to consider before applying:
- How much time do you want to commit to a volunteer job?
- Do you want to volunteer for a one-time special project or long term?
- What days or hours do you prefer?
- What experience do you have that would prepare you for your volunteer job?
- What are you looking for in your volunteer experience?
Things you should have:
- A commitment to your volunteer position
- A positive attitude
- A desire to support and extend library services
In order to begin volunteering with the Hopkinsville Christian County Public Library, you will:
- Meet with the volunteer coordinator.
- Complete a volunteer application (A parent/guardian must sign the application if the volunteer is under the age of 18.)
- Pass a criminal background check (if 18 or older.)
General Volunteer Information
How will I benefit from volunteering at the library?
- Share your talents and skills
- Make new friends
- Help promote reading and literacy in your community
- Build your resume after a successful volunteer experience
Do you need community service hours? Get them by volunteering at the library!
Summer volunteer opportunities for teens that are 14 years old or older and are self-motivated and reliable include;
- Assist with Summer Reading Program activities on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the program – usually early June through mid-July.
- Straightening books in the kids’ department (must be 14 years or older).
Other volunteer opportunities throughout the school year (for those 16 and older), include:
- Helping with the cleaning and straightening of materials and shelving units.
- Create posters and book displays for the teen or children’s areas.
- Help clean books.
- Work with Master Gardeners to maintain library grounds.
- Provide support during the Summer Reading Program and other special programs.
- Clean shelves and help maintain the collection.
Court Mandated Volunteers
We are not always able to fulfill the number of volunteer requests we receive, but we will take your contact information and call you when we have an opening.