Email resume to email@example.com
Job Title: Communications & Content Librarian
Position Hours: Part-time to Full-time
Reports To: Director
This position oversees the creation and development of promotional materials for library programs and events and assists and/or coordinates library staff in the development of promotional materials; ensures consistency with Library brand and graphic standards; plans and coordinates public/community events, programs and community activities in the promotion and marketing of the Library. Manages the production and dissemination of public information via print, video and electronic resources; edits articles and/or materials generated by other personnel. Writes, edits or approves communications content; and coordinates print, graphic and web services. Manages the Library’s advertising program (print and electronic), in support of key library programs and events. Coordinates special projects. Ensures strategic integration of marketing initiatives across multiple formats and channels.
This position will also perform community outreach activities promoting library services.
- Provide library services for special populations in the community, such as at risk children, adults with cognitive disabilities, or persons for whom English is a second language.
- Plan and present programs as needed to serve patrons in group settings (may include story times, book discussions, “how-to” training about library resources, etc)
- Work cooperatively with other staff in learning procedures and becoming familiar with patron needs.
- Establish good working relations with the community
- Attend workshops, conferences, and continuing education classes at the Director’s request; maintain certification
- Compile monthly and annual statistical reports
- Perform circulation or reference desk duties, as needed
- Answer questions and assist patrons in the library, as requested
- Assist users with copier, microfilm reader/printer, computer, etc.
- Answer telephone and provide information and/or make referrals
- Open and close library, as needed
- Shoulder other miscellaneous duties as requested
- Creating library marketing materials.
- Submit marketing materials to media outlets, writing press releases and maintaining press contacts.
- Prepare in-house publicity and upload events onto HCCPL’s web page and social media.
- Coordinates social media and public relations efforts to a variety of local sources.
- Monitor and update digital sign.
- Paraprofessional Certificate (within 5 years)
- Degree in Library Science or related field
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the public
- Ability to work well with other staff members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work
- Filing and typing skills
- Ability to operate office equipment
- Ability to work with public
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook is essential
- Experience with WordPress and various social media platforms
Physical Effort and Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee will average 3-5 hours per day of walking or standing. The employee will climb on step stools to reach top shelves and will need to have visual acuity sufficient to identify materials up to 90”
Nothing in this position description should be construed as an employment contract. The Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library reserves the right to modify salaries, schedules, contributions to health insurance programs, and other benefits programs.