Curbside pickup begins Monday, May 11th. There are two options for patrons to use to place books and DVDs on hold to be picked up the next day.
Patrons may place books on hold online at hccpl.sirsi.net. Instructions for how to place items on hold are at the bottom of this page.
Patrons may call the library to make hold requests. Requests may be made between the hours of 8:00 am-12:00 noon, Monday-Friday, by calling 270-887-4262 and selecting extension 1 or 2 to speak to a staff member.
Curbside Pick-up General Information
- Books will be ready for pick-up between 1:00-4:00 pm the day after the request is made. Books that are requested on Friday will be available for pick-up on the following Monday afternoon.
- Patron material will be held for 7 days after request. If items are not picked up, they will be removed from hold and placed back in inventory.
- Interlibrary Loans will not be available for request during this time.
- If requested books are not available, patrons may request a general genre. HCCPL staff will do our best to complete the order.
- Library patrons that have cards that have been restricted should email email@example.com.
- Curbside pick-up materials are limited to a total of 10 items per library card holder. This may include books and up to 5 DVDs.
At Curbside Pick-up
- Patrons are to remain in their vehicle until materials are delivered.
- Patrons may not make book exchanges or additional requests while in the curbside line.
- Patrons cannot make requests at the library entrance.
- Patrons cannot return books during curbside checkout. All returned books must be placed in the book drop.
How to Place Items on Hold Online
To place a hold, you will need your library card number and pin number. The library card number is located under the barcode on the back of your library card. If you do not know your pin number, please contact the library for assistance.
How to place a hold:
1. Go to hccpl.sirsi.net
2. Search for the material in the quick search box located on that page. This can be done using the title, author name, or a key word.
3. Select the item by clicking on the image.
4. On the item’s page, click the ‘place hold’ button located under the item’s picture.
5. Enter your user ID (library card number), your 4-digit pin number, and click the place hold button.
6. Material is subject to current availability.