Call the Reference or Circulation Desks if the database asks for a username/ID and password. We are available Monday-Friday between 9:30 am-6:30 pm and Saturday from 9:00 am-5:00 pm.
- Academic Search Complete: Full text scholarly multidisciplinary academic journals. (Academic research)
- Adult Learning Center: Improve basic reading, writing, and math skills in preparation for the GED test or U.S. citizen test.
- AGRICOLA: Bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agriculture Library, 1970-present.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information: Source for patient drug information.
- Alt-Press Watch: Full-text database comprised of the newspapers, magazines, and journals of the alternative and independent press.
- Amazing Animals of the World: contains reference and media materials on 1200 animals for grades 2 and above.
- Britannica Academic Edition: Academic reference source.
- Britannica Annals of American History: History of the United States through primary sources (speeches, memoirs, poems, etc.).
- Britannica Digital Learning: A collection of scholarly article databases organized by age groups.
- Britannica Enciclopedia Moderna: Spanish language reference center for more advanced users (high school).
- Britannica Escolar Online: Spanish language reference center for students ages 6-12.
- Britannica Learning Zone: Educational resource with games, beginner’s reading tutorials, etc for children ages 3-5.
- Britannica Library: Select Children, YA, or Reference Center for sites designed to meet the needs of diverse patron groups.
- Britannica School: Resources and articles in 3 different reading levels: Elementary, Middle School, and High School.
- Britannica World Data Analyst: Interactive research tool with facts and figures to study and compare the countries of the world.
- Business Source Premier: Offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly business journals back to 1965.
- Britannica Library Young Adults: Reference center to support young adult learners.
- Britannica Library Children: Age-appropriate features to start building key research skills.
- Britannica Spanish Reference Center: Spanish-language research in two levels: Primaria for elementary and Secundaria for middle school.
- Business Searching Interface: Country economic data, company profiles, industry information, and market research.
- Career Center: Prepare for professional exams and find out important information about a particular occupation or professional skill.
- Career & Technical Education: Vocational information for community colleges, two-year institutions, public libraries, and high schools offering technical courses.
- CINAHL with Full Text: Scholarly medical and medical profession articles.
- College Admission Test Preparation: Practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks to help prepare for AP, SAT, ACT and TOEFL exams, as well as college essay writing practice.
- College Students: Resources to help college students strengthen their academic skills, prepare for placement tests, and get ready for graduate school entrance exams.
- Computer Skills: Video courses are the fastest and easiest way to learn how to use a computer. Use the materials in this center to learn the basics of computers, from searching the Internet to using popular programs for word processing, creating spreadsheets and databases, implementing design, and more.
- Consumer Health Complete: Consumer-oriented health content.
- Driving Tests: Free practice tests and FAQs for the Kentucky driver’s license test.
- Encyclopedia Americana: Suggested for High School and older.
- ERIC: Access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index
- Explora for Primary Schools: ERIC, Newspaper Source and Primary Search for elementary school students.
- Explora for Middle Schools: ERIC, Health Source: Consumer Edition, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, Professional Development Collection and TOPICsearch for middle school students.
- Explora for High Schools: Consumer Health Complete, Education Research Complete, ERIC, MAS Complete, Newspaper Source Plus and TOPICsearch for high school students.
- Explora for Public Libraries
- Explora Educator’s Edition: Educator’s Edition offers relevant lesson plans, support materials and professional development resources as well as a Curriculum Standards Module to help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state or provincial curriculum standards.
- EBSCO databases
- EBSCO services: Click to browse KYVL’s EBSCO interfaces and search profiles.
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia: Over 25,000 segments of the encyclopedia.
- FirstSearch: OCLC WorldCat database is the OCLC online catalog. It contains over 43 million records describing library holdings, including all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries. It is the world’s most comprehensive bibliography. WorldCat covers information on materials created earlier than 1000 B.C. It contains records from more than 50,000 libraries all over the world.
- GreenFILE: Research articles concerning human beings and the environment.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia: Encyclopedia for middle and high school students.
- GED Test Prep Center: Earning a high school equivalency credential can open the door to better income, a more fulfilling job, and a college education. If you are preparing for the GED test, these practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks will help you reach your goal.
- Health Source- Consumer Ed: Authoritative sources concerning general health topics written for the general public.
- High School Equivalency Center: Tutorials and eBooks to aid in studying for the GED, HiSET, and TASC exams.
- Job & Career Accelerator™: Tools and guides for career pursuit or change.
- LearningExpress Library: Skill building (vocational, GED, College, etc) tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks.
- LISTA- Library, Information Science, & Technology Abstracts: Bibliographic database concerning Library and Information Science.
- MAS Ultra- School Edition: Full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines.
- MasterFILE Premier: Periodical database concerning a broad range of topics.
- MEDLINE: Authoritative medical information.
- Middle Search Plus: Full text of more than 140 popular middle school magazines.
- New Book of Knowledge: Reference and current events for elementary school and higher.
- NoveList: Readers’ advisory for fiction readers.
- Open Dissertations: EBSCO Open Dissertations now includes the content from American Doctoral Dissertations. It is a free database with records for more than 800,000 electronic theses and dissertations from around the world.
- Opposing Viewpoints in Context: An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues. Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, the solution features continuously updated viewpoints, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
- Popular Software Tutorials
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference: Patient and Physician drug information.
- Primary Search: Articles concerning general topics for elementary school students.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection: Full-text scholarly articles concerning psychology & behavioral sciences.
- PsycINFO: Citations and summaries of articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports concerning psychology.
- PubMed Central: Full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Regional Business News: Full-text coverage of regional business publications.
- Recursos para hispanohablantes: Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- School Center: Preparation and skill building for school tests and assignments.
- Small Business Reference Center: Resource center for small business owners and patrons interested in opening a small business.
- Sociological Collection: Full-text articles concerning the area of sociology.
- Scholastic GO!: New interface combines content from the previously separate resources: America the Beautiful, The New Book of Popular Science, and Lands and Peoples, Encyclopedia Americana, The New Book of Knowledge, Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia, and Amazing Animals.
- Scholastic GO! for Middle School: Scholastic GO! interface for middle school students.
- Scholastic GO! for Elementary School: Scholastic GO! interface for elementary school students.
- Scholastic GO! for High School: Scholastic GO! interface for high school students.
- Scholastic GO! for Librarians/Educators
- Teacher Reference Center: Teacher and administrator trade journals, periodicals, and books.
- TOPICsearch: Current event articles concerning social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries, and other popular topics.
- TumbleBookCloud: TBC is a collection of videos and chapter books in categories which include: Ebooks (Shakespeare, poetry, non-fiction, science, history, geography, etc.), Read-Alongs, Graphic Novels, Videos (from National Geographic!), and Audio Books.