Call the Reference or Circulation Desks to get the database IDs and passwords. If you need to access a database when HCCPL is closed, and do not have the ID or password, try using World Book which is listed below. You only need your library card number to log in to World Book.
- Academic Search Complete: Full text scholarly multidisciplinary academic journals. (Academic research)
- Adult Learning Center: Improve basic reading, writing, and math skills in preparation for the GED test or U.S. citizen test.
- AGRICOLA: Bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agriculture Library, 1970-present.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information: Source for patient drug information.
- Alt-Press Watch: Full text database comprised of the newspapers, magazines and journals of the alternative and independent press.
- Amazing Animals of the World: contains reference and media materials on 1200 animals for grades 2 and above.
- Britannica Academic Edition: Academic reference source.
- Britannica Annals of American History: History of the United States through primary sources (speeches, memoirs, poems, etc.).
- Britannica Digital Learning: A collection of scholarly article databases organized by age groups.
- Britannica Enciclopedia Moderna: Spanish language reference center for more advanced users (high school).
- Britannica Escolar Online: Spanish language reference center for students ages 6-12.
- Britannica Learning Zone: Educational resource with games, beginner’s reading tutorials, etc for children ages 3-5.
- Britannica Library
- Britannica School: Resources and articles in 3 different reading levels: Elementary, Middle School, and High School.
- Britannica World Data Analyst: Interactive research tool with facts and figures to study and compare the countries of the world.
- Business Source Premier: Offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly business journals back to 1965.
- Career Center: Prepare for professional exams and find out important information about a particular occupation or professional skill.
- Career & Technical Education: Vocational information for community colleges, two-year institutions, public libraries, and high schools offering technical courses.
- CINAHL with Full Text: Scholarly medical and medical profession articles.
- College Prep Center: Resources to aid in the process of applying for college.
- Computer Skills: Learn the basics of computers, from searching the Internet to using popular programs through video tutorials.
- Consumer Health Complete: Consumer-oriented health content.
- Driving Tests: Free practice tests and FAQs for the Kentucky driver’s license test.
- Encyclopedia Americana: Suggested for High School and older.
- ERIC: Access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index
- Explora for Primary Schools: ERIC, Newspaper Source and Primary Search for elementary school students.
- Explora for Middle Schools: ERIC, Health Source: Consumer Edition, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, Professional Development Collection and TOPICsearch for middle school students.
- Explora for High Schools: Consumer Health Complete, Education Research Complete, ERIC, MAS Complete, Newspaper Source Plus and TOPICsearch for high school students.
- Explora for Public Libraries
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia: Over 25,000 segments of the encyclopedia.
- GreenFILE: Research articles concerning human beings and the environment.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia: Encyclopedia for middle and high school students.
- Health Source- Consumer Ed: Authoritative sources concerning general health topics written for the general public.
- High School Equivalency Center: Tutorials and eBooks to aid in studying for the GED, HiSET, and TASC exams.
- Job & Career Accelerator™: Tools and guides for career pursuit or change.
- LearningExpress Library: Skill building (vocational, GED, College, etc) tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks.
- LISTA- Library, Information Science, & Technology Abstracts: Bibliographic database concerning Library and Information Science.
- MAS Ultra- School Edition: Full text for nearly 500 popular, high school magazines.
- MasterFILE Premier: Periodical database concerning a broad range of topics.
- MEDLINE: Authoritative medical information.
- Middle Search Plus: Full text of more than 140 popular middle school magazines.
- New Book of Knowledge: Reference and current events for elementary school and higher.
- NoveList: Readers’ advisory for fiction readers.
- Popular Software Tutorials
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference: Patient and Physician drug information.
- Primary Search: Articles concerning general topics for elementary school students.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection: Full-text scholarly articles concerning psychology & behavioral sciences.
- PsycINFO: Citations and summaries of articles, book chapters, books, dissertations, and technical reports concerning psychology.
- PubMed Central: Full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Regional Business News: Full-text coverage of regional business publications.
- Recurss en español: Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- School Center: Preparation and skill building for school tests and assignments.
- Small Business Reference Center: Resource center for small business owners and patrons interested in opening a small business.
- Sociological Collection: Full-text articles concerning the area of sociology.
- Teacher Reference Center: Teacher and administrator trade journals, periodicals, and books.
- TOPICsearch: Current event articles concerning social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries, and other popular topics.
- World Book: Scholarly articles, videos, pictures, and games concerning a variety of topics written at several different reading levels. (User ID: your library card number starting with 2KSPE…)
- WorldCat: OCLC online catalog, or bibliography of library holdings from libraries around the world.