Call 270-887-4262 or email email@example.com for the username/ID and password if the database asks for a username and password.
- Academic Search Complete: Full text scholarly multidisciplinary academic journals. (Academic research)
- Adult Core Skills: Improve basic reading, writing, and math skills in preparation for the GED test or U.S. citizen test.
- AGRICOLA: Bibliographic records from the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s National Agriculture Library, 1970-present.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information: Source for patient drug information.
- Alt-Press Watch: Full-text database comprised of the newspapers, magazines, and journals of the alternative and independent press.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Genealogy research tool that provides patrons access to a wide range of primary resources for genealogical and historical research. Courtesy remote access available through 12/2021.
- Annals of American History: A year-by-year documentary of American thought and action is presented in this unique resource through the speeches, memoirs, documents, poems and interviews of more than 1,500 contributors.
- APA PsycInfo: Peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health produced by the American Psychological Association.
- Britannica Academic Edition: Academic reference source.
- Britannica Enciclopedia Moderna: Spanish language reference center for more advanced users (high school).
- Britannica Escolar Online: Spanish language reference center for students ages 6-12.
- Britannica Fundamentals: Britannica Fundamentals, an innovative early learning product for students in grade levels kindergarten through second grade. Educational resource with games, beginner’s reading tutorials, etc.
- Britannica Library: Select Children, Young Adults, or Reference Center (adults) for sites designed to meet the needs of diverse patron groups. Includes articles and magazines, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended websites, and more.
- Britannica School: Resources and articles in three different reading levels: Elementary, Middle School, and High School. Includes tools for educators, such as lesson plans, tutorials, professional development, and more. Select school level for built-in differentiation for thousands of curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended websites, and more.
- Britannica Spanish Reference Center: Spanish-language research in two levels: Primaria for elementary and Secundaria for middle school.
- Business Searching Interface: Country economic data, company profiles, industry information, and market research.
- Business Source Premier: Offers indexing and abstracts for the 350 most important scholarly business journals back to 1965.
- Career & Technical Education: Vocational information for community colleges, two-year institutions, public libraries, and high schools offering technical courses.
- Career Preparation: Prepare for professional exams and find out important information about a particular occupation or professional skill.
- CINAHL with Full Text: Scholarly medical and medical profession articles.
- College Admission Test Preparation: Practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks to help prepare for AP, SAT, ACT and TOEFL exams, as well as college essay writing practice.
- College Students: Resources to help college students strengthen their academic skills, prepare for placement tests, and get ready for graduate school entrance exams.
- Computer Skills: Video courses are the fastest and easiest way to learn how to use a computer. Use the materials in this center to learn the basics of computers, from searching the Internet to using popular programs for word processing, creating spreadsheets and databases, implementing design, and more.
- Consumer Health Complete: Consumer-oriented health content.
- Driving Tests: Free practice tests and FAQs for the Kentucky driver’s license test.
- eBook K-8 Collection: Nonfiction eBooks covering topics such as agriculture, American history, anthropology, education, history of the Americas, geography, language, leisure, literature, recreation, science and technology.
- EBSCO databases: Access to all EBSCO research databases. Gives users the ability to search multiple databases at the same time.
- EBSCO services: Click to browse KYVL’s EBSCO interfaces and search profiles.
- ERIC: Access to information from journals included in the Current Index of Journals in Education and Resources in Education Index
- Explora Educator’s Edition: Educator’s Edition offers relevant lesson plans, support materials and professional development resources as well as a Curriculum Standards Module to help educators correlate EBSCO content quickly and easily to Common Core, state or provincial curriculum standards.
- Explora for Primary Schools: Full text reference resources from several databases, including Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, Primary Search, Topic Overviews K-5, and Teacher Reference Center for elementary school students.
- Explora for Middle Schools: Full text reference resources from several databases, including Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, Health Source, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, Primary Search, Teacher Reference Center, Topic Overviews, and TOPICsearch for middle school students.
- Explora for High Schools: Full text reference resources from several databases, including Academic Search Complete, Consumer Health Complete, Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, Health Source, MAS Ultra, MasterFILE, Middle Search Plus, Newspaper Source, Teacher Reference Center, Topic Overviews 6-12, and more.
- Explora for Public Libraries: Encyclopedias, magazines, journals, newspapers, biographies, primary sources and more.
- FirstSearch: OCLC WorldCat database is the OCLC online catalog. It contains over 43 million records describing library holdings, including all the records cataloged by OCLC member libraries. It is the world’s most comprehensive bibliography. WorldCat covers information on materials created earlier than 1000 B.C. It contains records from more than 50,000 libraries all over the world.
- Funk and Wagnalls New Encyclopedia: Over 25,000 segments of the encyclopedia.
- GreenFILE: Research articles concerning human beings and the environment.
- GED Test Prep Center: Earning a high school equivalency credential can open the door to better income, a more fulfilling job, and a college education. If you are preparing for the GED test, these practice tests, interactive tutorials, and eBooks will help you reach your goal.
- Health Source- Consumer Ed: Authoritative sources concerning general health topics written for the general public.
- Job & Career Accelerator™: Tools and guides for career pursuit or change.
- LearningExpress Library: Skill building (vocational, GED, College, etc) tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks.
- LISTA- Library, Information Science, & Technology Abstracts: Bibliographic database concerning Library and Information Science.
- MAS Ultra- School Edition: Full text for nearly 500 popular high school magazines.
- MasterFILE Premier: Periodical database concerning a broad range of topics.
- MEDLINE: Authoritative medical information.
- Middle Search Plus: Full text of more than 140 popular middle school magazines.
- Newspaper Source: Cover-to-cover full text for hundreds of national and regional newspapers. In addition, it offers television and radio news transcripts from major networks.
- NoveList: Readers’ advisory for fiction readers.
- Open Dissertations: EBSCO Open Dissertations now includes the content from American Doctoral Dissertations. It is a free database with records for more than 800,000 electronic theses and dissertations from around the world.
- Opposing Viewpoints (Gale in Context): An engaging online experience for those seeking contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today’s hottest social issues. Drawing on the acclaimed Greenhaven Press series, the solution features continuously updated viewpoints, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites.
- Prescribers’ Digital Reference: Patient and Physician drug information.
- Primary Search: Articles concerning general topics for elementary school students.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection: Full-text scholarly articles concerning psychology & behavioral sciences.
- PubMed Central: Full-text archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health’s National Library of Medicine (NIH/NLM).
- Recursos para hispanohablantes: Este centro ofrece a los adultos que están muy ocupados los recursos para mejorar sus habilidades básicas, ganar sus credenciales de GED® o ser ciudadano estadounidense.
- Regional Business News: Full-text coverage of regional business publications.
- School Center: Preparation and skill building for school tests and assignments.
- Small Business Reference Center: Resource center for small business owners and patrons interested in opening a small business.
- Sociological Collection: Full-text articles concerning the area of sociology.
- Teacher Reference Center: Teacher and administrator trade journals, periodicals, and books.
- TeenBookCloud: TBC is a collection of videos and chapter books, including eBooks (Shakespeare, poetry, non-fiction, science, history, geography, etc.), read-alongs, graphic novels, videos (from National Geographic), and audiobooks.
- TOPICsearch: Current event articles concerning social, political & economic issues, scientific discoveries, and other popular topics.
- TumbleBookLibrary: K-6 children’s eBook database for fiction and nonfiction, and includes story books, read-alongs, graphic novels, nonfiction, videos (from National Geographic), language learning tools, and puzzles and games.
- WorldCat: OCLC online catalog, or bibliography of library holdings from libraries around the world.