The Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library Board of Trustees is appointed by the Mayor of Hopkinsville and Judge Executive of Christian County, five members from each. Trustees serve four year terms with no more than two consecutive terms.
This board oversees the library’s director and finances. The board also makes the policies for the Library. Board members are appointed by the City of Hopkinsville and Christian County.
Regular Board meetings are held on the 4th Monday of each month (unless otherwise posted) at 5:30pm in the Library Board Room located on the second floor. Check the Library’s calendar for location details.
- Joe Leavell, 1st term expires August 31, 2022
- Jonathan Zordel (Treasurer), 1st term expires August 24, 2024
- Melissa Kempa, 1st term expires November 30, 2022
- Chris Dudley, 1st term expires August 24, 2024
- Matthew Handy, 1st term expires December 31, 2021
- Amy Craig, City Council Representative
- Bart Cayce (President), 1st term expires August 31, 2021
- Slone Cansler (Secretary), 2nd term expires August 31, 2023
- James Adams, 2nd term expires August 31, 2024
- Laura Waldron, 2nd term expires August 31, 2021
- Cary Bruce, 1st term expires August 31, 2021
- Jerry Gilliam, Fiscal Court Representative