Passport Application

The library accepts applications for new passports. You will also be able to take your passport photo at the library for $10.

Passport services are by appointment only.

Getting Started with Your Passport Application

You must apply in person using Form DS-11 if at least one of the following is true:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport
  • You are under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago

If none of the above statements apply to you, you may be eligible to Renew by Mail using Form DS-82.

If one of the above statements applies to you, follow these steps to apply for a new passport:

  1. Fill out form DS-11
  2. Provide evidence of U.S. Citizenship
  3. Bring a photocopy of U.S. Citizenship evidence
  4. Present ID
  5. Bring a photocopy of ID
  6. Determine any special circumstances
  7. Provide or take a photo
  8. Calculate fees
  9. Submit your completed application

Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for more information about each step.

A photocopy of U.S. Citizenship evidence and a photo ID are required. The library offers copying services for $0.25 per page (each document must be copied on a separate page). Please photocopy all materials BEFORE your appointment time with the Passport Acceptance Agent.

Fee Schedule

Acceptable Payment Forms

Application Fee and any Additional Services Fees:

  • Checks (personal, certified, cashier’s, traveler’s) and money orders payable to “U.S. Department of State”
  • Credit and debit cards CANNOT be accepted

$35 Execution (Acceptance) Fee and $10 Passport Photo Fee (can be paid together):

  • Money orders and personal checks payable to Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library
  • Cash

Passport Book versus Passport Card

U.S. Passport Book U.S. Passport Card
Used For International travel
by air, sea, or landThe passport book is Real ID compliant and can be used for domestic air travel.
Entering the United States at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from:

  • Canada
  • Mexico
  • The Caribbean
  • Bermuda
The passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
The passport card is Real ID compliant and can be used for domestic air travel.

Thank you to our passport sponsor, Higgins Insurance!

Menu Title