You can rent a bike from the library! In partnership with Parks and Recreation, we’re offering the Book-A-Bike program. Adult, youth, and training wheel bikes are available. Helmets are also available upon request.
Bikes are available during regular library operating hours. They must be returned by 1 hour before close on the day you check the bike out.
Check the bike out at the library front desk. Then you can ride it all over Hopkinsville! The Hopkinsville Greenway is conveniently located right by the library and is an excellent place to ride.
You can also check out bikes at Planters Bank-Jennie Stuart Health Sportsplex Hopkinsville and the Hopkinsville YMCA. Hours vary at each location.
Each bike costs $1.00. You can rent up to 5 bikes.
- A waiver must be signed when renting a bike.
- Riders without a library card must leave a photo ID at the library front desk until they return the bike.
- Bicycles must be returned by 1 hour before close the same day. If a bicycle is not returned, it will be treated as theft and local authorities will be notified.
- Check outs are limited to 2 bicycles at a time. Only adults can check out a bicycles.
- Patrons with a library card pay a rate of $1 per bike. Patrons without a library card pay the same rate of $1 per bike but will need to leave a state-issued identification card at the library front desk until the bicycle/s is/are returned.
- No modifications beyond adjusting the height of the handlebars and seat or adjusting tire pressure of borrowed bicycles.
- It is highly recommended that all borrowers and riders wear helmets.
- Any damage or malfunctions must be reported to library staff immediately.
- Only adult patrons can check out a bicycle. Patrons checking out bikes for children must be a parent or guardian of the child. Children that are 12 and under must wear a helmet.