To book a meeting room, call 270-887-4263 and press option 4 for Accounting.
LIBRARY MEETING ROOM APPLICATION
In keeping with the Library’s mission to offer a welcoming place for community interactions, HCCPL meeting rooms are available for use by community groups for informational, educational or cultural meetings and programs when not needed for library purposes. Use of the library meeting rooms does not imply endorsement by the library staff or Trustees of the viewpoint presented.
All meetings must be held during regular library hours and all meetings must end fifteen minutes before the scheduled closing time. All users must allow for set-up and clean up in the time they have booked. The room(s) may not be accessed before or after the time requested. Meeting room users must clean and exit the room 15 minutes before the library closes. The meeting room application signatory assumes all responsibility for damages or extra charges incurred for clean up.
The room application and payment should be received 5 days prior to the reservation date (unless other arrangements have been made). Payment can be made by cash or check.
THE FOLLOWING RULES MUST BE STRICTLY OBSERVED:
- Priority for the use of the meeting room will be accorded in the following order:
- Library meetings or programs
- Paid meeting room users
- Co-sponsored events between library and other community organizations.
- All meetings must be open to the public and the media. It is not necessary for paid meetings to be free and open to the public.
- Large paid events will require a $50.00 cleaning deposit which is to be left with library staff before the meeting takes place. Once the meeting is concluded a staff member will review the area and if in its original condition, the staff member will refund the cleaning deposit. If sweeping, mopping and garbage removal is required, the cleaning deposit will be retainined.
- Any group consisting mainly of persons under eighteen years of age must have adult in supervision at all times during the meeting (one adult per every 10 children).
- All people attending the meetings must enter and exit through the front door. Sometimes the rear door may be used (i.e. loading and unloading) but prior arrangements must be made with the Library staff.
- Smoking and gambling are not permitted in the library.
- No alcoholic beverages allowed on the library premises.
- The meeting rooms are available to all organizations; however, no meetings may be held that might jeopardize the library’s position as a nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization.
- The large screen TV, and piano in the community room may be used by organizations if prior arrangements are made and used only under staff supervision. No other library audiovisual equipment is available for use unless cleared by the Director.
- Admission may not be charged.
- The user must do the arranging of the furniture in the rooms. Furniture must be returned to its original position or the cleaning deposit will be retained.
- It is the responsibility of the group or individual to make certain that the meeting room is cleaned and straightened before leaving the building.
- Meetings should not be so loud that they disturb other patrons in the library nor should anything be done which could cause injury to anyone in the meeting rooms or the library.
- Absolutely no burning candles or flames of any kind are allowed due to fire code regulations.
- Only light refreshments may be served by groups renting the Community Room. The kitchen is reserved for library related events only.
Meeting Room Charges
The Community Room may be rented for four (4) hours for $100.00. Maximum no. of people 80.
The Board Room may be rented for four (4) hours for $50.00. Maximum no. of people 18. No food or drink is permitted for Board Room rentals.